Japanese classes meet once per week for a 2-hour lesson. At each level, the program length is 8 weeks. We offer levels 1 to 6 and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS: Experienced and qualified teachers, structured teaching, communicative approach, and measurable results.
TEXTBOOK: Japanese for Busy People: Kana Version, third edition (Kodansha International). The textbook is not included in the price.
While we use the prescribed textbook throughout the course, the lesson plans exhibit teacher’s experience and the adaptability skills in view of the classroom's changing needs. We believe that using a textbook yields the best results for beginner and intermediate students. Therefore, it’s advisable to buy the prescribed textbook(s). They also provide explanatory information that may be useful for a questioning adult student and for homework.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED AT EACH LEVEL
For further details/course descriptions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Japanese Level 1:
- Useful Daily Expressions
- Identifying people and things
- Introduce name, nationality, and job
- Learn greeting in Japanese business setting
- Number (basic)
- Ask and state who the owner of an object is
- Pronouns and noun modifiers
- Ask when a service/event will begin or when a facility will open
Japanese Level 2:
- How to interact when shopping
- Ask and answer the price of objects
- Adjectives to describe objects
- Various counters for different objects
- Japanese currencies
- Number (decimal point and large numbers)
Japanese level 3:
- Describe daily routine
- Motion verbs
- Describe frequency of event and action
- Confirming schedule
- Past tense, Present tense, Future tense
- Asking how to get to the destination
- Existence of people and things
Hosokawa, A. (Instructor)
Hosokawa, A. has a Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Studies in Education and International Relations from Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan. She has attended an Exchange Program in International Relations at UMass Amherst before she began her career in accounting. Ms Hosokawa has also worked as a free-lance translator and interpreter between Japanese and English languages. She has taught Japanese for several years.
Level 1 - Wednesdays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Level 2 - Thursdays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
[Other levels TBD]