Hindi classes meet once per week for a 2-hour lesson. At each level, the program length is 8 weeks. We offer levels 1 to 6 and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS: Experienced and qualified teachers, structured teaching, communicative approach, and measurable results.
TEXTBOOK: Teacher created material. The textbook is not included in the price.
While we use the prescribed textbook throughout the course, the lesson plans exhibit teacher’s experience and the adaptability skills in view of the classroom's changing needs. We believe that using a textbook yields the best results for beginner and intermediate students. Therefore, it’s advisable to buy the prescribed textbook(s). They also provide explanatory information that may be useful for a questioning adult student and for homework.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED AT EACH LEVEL
For further details/course descriptions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hindi Level 1: (Teacher-created handouts)
- Introduction to the alphabet
- Pronouns and simple statements
- Possessive pronouns - Introducing self, occupation
- Learn formal and informal modes
- Numbers (basic)
- Postpositions - learn describing location of objects
- Describing the quality and quantity
- Ask simple questions
Hindi Level 2: (Teacher-created handouts)
- Learn combining letters into single/bi-syllabic words
- Ask and answer the price of merchandise
- Learn time - asking about the time of events
- Learn the use of for
- Differentiate present and past statements
- Introduction to frequently used adverbs of time and place
Rahman, M. (Instructor)
Mr. Rahman has taught Hindi, Urdu and Kashmiri for more than 20 years at The Boston Language Institute, MIT and Harvard University. He has a Master's degree in Linguistics. He is a member of American Translators Association. Some of his literary translations have appeared in prestigious literary magazines and anthologies including Language for a New Century -- Contemporary Poetry from the Middle East, Asia and Beyond published by W. W. Norton & Company, New York.
Level 1 - Tuesdays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Level 2 - Wednesdays, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
[Other levels TBD]